Reference in Manifesto
In the New Direction, the next SLPP administration will introduce the following reforms for the common good:
- Repeal the seditious libel law
- Adopt policies and laws to develop the capacity of journalists
- Support the School of Journalism and other institutions to train journalists
- Provide funding opportunities for journalists to establish press houses as corporate entities ·
- Encourage the private sector to invest in the media
- Provide a budgetary subvention to SLAJ
- Enhance the capacity of the IMC to enforce the IMC Act
- Review the legal and operational status of the Sierra Leone Broadcasting Corporation SLBC to make it a truly professional national broadcaster
- Facilitate full implementation of Right to Access Information Act
- Provide an opportunity for non-state actor quota to be reflected in aid received by the State from donors
- Review donor funding architecture to establish a level playing field for NGOs and CSOs.
- Streamline government operations especially in the Office of the President with a view to making it leaner, smarter, efficient and effective.
- Strengthen existing donor guidelines by ensuring that the Office of NGOs in MoFED is independent and effective.
- Reduce registration burden on non-state actors by eliminating multiple registration requirements.