Reference in Manifesto
- The New Direction will introduce the practice of annual debt ceilings beyond which Government cannot borrow and link the borrowing ceiling to a clearly laid out medium term debt management strategy
- Limit external financing of social services to grants
- Access concessional loans with low interest rates and long grace periods
- Direct loans to productive sector and infrastructural development with high economic returns
- Reform the institutional and legal framework for accessing external and domestic debt for the central government, local governments, and parastatals.