In the New Direction, the SLPP government will:
- Review the policy and legal environment for sports development
- Increase budgetary support to sporting activities, in particular football, athletics, cricket, volley ball and basketball.
- Establish a Sports Development Fund that will be financed from various sources, including corporate establishments and international sporting organizations and Government
- Develop and implement a comprehensive capacity building programme for all sporting disciplines
- Reactivate school and community sporting activities with a view to identifying and developing talents for national and international competitions
- Recommence national competition for all sporting activities
- Establish sports academies and provide facilities for sports development and recreation around the country
- Develop the administrative, technical and support services for sports.
- Build standard stadium facilities in all regions and Western Rural to enhance the capacity of Sierra Leone