Reference in Manifesto
In the New Direction, the SLPP government will:
- Review and implement policies and laws relating to disability, especially making public facilities disability friendly.
- Revisit the administration and implementation of the Social Safety Net Programme
- Provide free education for the physically challenged at all levels pre-school, primary, secondary and tertiary level
- Review and improve incentives for Teachers in Special Needs Institutions.
- Provide free health care for the physically challenged and the aged
- Increase access of persons living with disability and aged to public housing
- Provide welfare assistance to persons living with disability and the aged
- Provide livelihood support to persons living with disability for economic empowerment.